Like It

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro


This little pricy cigar is all about reputation.  Every year I have to buy one or two of these when they come out.  I always say, ‘why am I overpaying for this cigar – there are others that are just as good, if not better, and cheaper.’  I have to say that I prefer the Cameroon over the Maduro in this cigar.   

This little sucker measures in at 4.7 x 60. 

Taste Profile: dry soil earthy tone, a touch of sweet maduro that does not last long enough and mild-medium roast coffee.  The mouthfeel is very dry so this cigar needs a beverage.

I paired this cigar with Bowers Harbor Langley 2896 a red Meritage. (Visit the wine blog to read this review)  This mild-medium bodied red is just what this cigar needs.  Actually, the wine needed the cigar.  The cigar seems to give this wine a little more body by bringing out its earthy tone.  The cigar is still on the boring side of town. 

I am going to have to remember to pass on buying the Work of Art Maduro in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment