Like It

Monday, April 23, 2012

Partagas 1845 Gigante: Review




Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Viso
Binder: Connecticut Habano Broadleaf
Fillers: Dominican Piloto Cubano Ligero, Nicaraguan Guardian Viso, Esteli Seco, ASP Seco
Size: 6 x 60
$8.99 – Smoky’s of Northville

I saw this cigar for the first time yesterday and Teresa said she just got them into the store.  So, needless to say this is my first one to ever smoke.  Let’s see how it goes.

Off the Light: smooth, moderate soil earthy tone, woody, and a note of something that I can’t put my finger on.  As the smoke continues that unidentifiable note is no longer around.  Flavors: moderate soil earthy tones, nice touch of cedar wood, light/moderate coffee, sweet and lightly toasted tobacco leafs, light spice that reminds me of a white and green peppercorn.  I’ll give it a 4.5 on my strength scale during the first half. 


Second Half: as the halfway point approaches I am thinking that I really like this cigar.  The cedary quality seems to be leading the way with the soil tone following along with the light/medium roasted coffee still in the mix.  I don’t notice the sweet note at this point and the lightly toasted tobacco leaf is a little more robust.  The spice is still light to moderate.  The flavors and mouthfeel are rich and smooth.  I’ll have to give this stick a 5 on my strength scale during the second half of the smoking experience. 

To the Point: this is a tasty flavorful smoke.  Get to your Tobacconist and give a try.  I am looking forward to smoking another one.     


I paired this cigar with Layer Cake Shiraz 2009.  Click HERE to read the review on WinePostings.  The big juicy berry style matched up well with the Partagas 1845 cigar.  The wine was not interesting enough or should I say not complex enough to bother to write about this pairing.  The wine just helps to refresh the palate.  

1 comment: