Like It

Thursday, May 26, 2011

5 Vegas Relic: Review


Dominican Puro
Corojo Wrapper
Ligeros fillers mingled with a single 12 year old leaf
Size: 5.75 x 54 Perfecto


Off the Light: butter toasted rye bread on the first few puffs.  Then, the Corojo, Criollo, and ligero spices started to show up.  Rich soil earthy tones. 

Mid-Point: Soil earthy tones continue with a strange prickly spice playing on the tongue.  The cigar has a decent toasty tobacco note.  The texture has a fine steel wool like feel. 

Down the Stretch: pretty much like the mid-point with an old dusty pepper note mixing in as the cigar finishes. 

My Strength Rating: 6 – the spice profile brings it up from the medium category along with the lingering thick tar feel on the palate. 

To the Point: an okay stick at best to me. The strange spicy note bothered me to make it an enjoyable smoking experience.  Glad I only bought two sticks.  I have to say that I had good expectations for this cigar and I am disappointed that it was not as flavorful as I hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment