Like It

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Don Lino Africa Gordo: Review

Wrapper: Nicaragua Habana-seed
Binder: Nicaragua
Fillers: Cameroon Africa, Dominican, Mexico, Nicaragua (I have seen Honduras in place of Mexican tobacco)
Size: 5.5 x 54
My Strength Rating: 6

I bought a 10 pack some time ago and I am now down to my last one and I noticed that I have not reviewed this stick.  I swear I did but, NOPE.

I really enjoy the Kiboko which is a big 6.5” x 58 bad boy.  See the Kiboko posting

The smoke on the first half is medium bodied with sweet cedar, medium roast coffee, and some nice toasted grains and spice.  The salt and pepper colored ash holds tight and the burn has been perfect.

Whenever I smoked these too fast, in the summer golfing, they can get a little harsh.  I guess you could say that about most cigars in that situation.  But, this one gets powerful and bitter in that situation.

No problem here with that situation.  It is 8 degrees outside and I am in my warm cigar room doing this review.

This stick has to be the best one of the bunch.  It has had the best flavor without the bitterness getting out of control. 

After the halfway point I did have to use the lighter one time to correct the burn after removing the ash.

The robust style is building a bit at this point in the game.  It has been pretty smooth to this point.  It is not building any bitter note though.  The sweet cedar has moved to just a cedar wood taste.  The coffee notes are a little more of a dark roast. There was a bit of green peppercorn on the final few inches. While the flavors became a little more robust the smoke was still smooth overall.

I did learn back in the summer to NOT pair this with an American Pale Ale or IPA as they call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment