Like It

Friday, February 19, 2010

Hemingway Best Seller and Wiesen Edel- Weisse: Tasting


The Hefe
I usually wait till spring for the first glass of hefeweizen but, maybe I am play groundhog today.

It’s an early spring this year then!!!

It pours a nice burnt orange color with a light head that disappears quickly. I always think of George Schneider’s Wiesen as an elegant hefe. To me it is a mild-medium body hefe that has a nice complexity of fruit and spice with plenty of yeast to satisfy the hefe lover in me on a hot 90 degree day. This hefe has a little watery style that mellows the flavors and that is why I think of it as a 4 on my strength scale and at times I think of 3.5.

I am pairing this with a no brainer here, the Hemingway Best Seller. The Hemingway has that great cedary taste with a nice little spice that is not that complex. The hefe and the cigar work well together. Both are in the same strength scale around a 4 and the flavor profiles are close as well.


This is a perfect pairing for a before dinner experience. The hefe and the Best Seller would go great with a salad or other light appetizers. I am enjoying the two with a nice maple smoked cheddar cheese.
I recommend these two as a before dinner pairing. Time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment