Like It

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Por Larranaga Maduro Cigar and Terra Andina Reserva 2007 Carmenere

Terra Andina Reserva 2007 Carmenere


For me it has a nice black cherry and dark berry taste without the bite of a blackberry. There is a solid spice presence without being peppery. Definitely dry on the palate and comes across chewy and meaty. That means this wine has some body. This is yummy. The wine just coats the mouth with its grapey goodness.

This is a must buy.

Pairing this wine up with a cigar should be easy. One thing I don’t want to do is go too full bodied. I don’t want too strong of spice and pepper from the cigar. I want to work with the fruit profile of the wine. I am going to select a Por Larranaga Maduro Cigar. This cigar is mild to mild-medium in body.

This is a good pairing. The cigar lets me enjoy the full grapiness of the wine and the wine actually helps this cigar out some. The Por Larranaga Maduro is a good break from the bold and fuller bodied smokes but, it can be a little uneventful. The wine seems to transfer some of it flavors to the cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment