Like It

Monday, January 30, 2012

Gran Habano 3 Siglos Torpedo (SLS): Review


Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo Shade Grown
Filler: Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Colombia Ligero
Size: 6.1 x 56

It sounds like Gran Habano has a trade mark issue and this cigar is going to be history.  I don’t know but it looks like they removed the small band that said, ‘3 Siglos’ and now it says, ‘3 SLS’.  Please leave a comment if you know what is up. 

Off the Light: a medium dose of grains, soft grassy note, light earth.  As the cigar continues there is a rye bread like quality with a dusty white pepper and a medium grainy coffee tone.  I’ll give it a 5.5/6 on my strength scale. 

Mid-Point: the body is more medium-full at this point with a very dry leathery mouthfeel.  The earthy grainy coffee tone is fuller with a fuller dose of dusty white pepper.  I’ll have to give it a 7.5 on my strength scale.

Down the Stretch: the taste is becoming a little harsh.  The dry leathery mouth feel is strong and overriding the flavors of this cigar.  This is a very uninteresting to me and I am looking forward to letting this cigar to go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment