Like It

Monday, November 29, 2010

5 Vegas Gold Maduro The Brick: Cigar Review

Wrapper: Pennsylvania Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Honduran and Nicaraguan
Size: 5.5 x 55 box-pressed
My Strength Rating: 6

Dryness abounds in this smoking experience. The earthy quality comes across as dry soil and this dominates the profile. There is coffee bean and a dry powdery cocoa note present. The spicy notes are firm with a nice level of white peppercorn to tingle the palate. Besides the dryness the texture it also delivers a semi-smooth yet robust smoking experience. This cigar does need a quality beverage or it could get a little harsh on its own. While this stick is billed as a mild-medium bodied smoke – I give it a 6 on my strength scale because of the texture (the dryness).

I have enjoyed a few of these since I bought a box of them about a month ago. They seem to burn well with little or no correction needed. The ash holds on for an inch or so before you have to remove it. The ash is salt and pepper in color and a little rugged in appearance. I have smoked each one down to the nub with no bitterness to the finish. To me this cigar is just okay, but I do like this 'okay' cigar.

I enjoyed this cigar yesterday on the way home from Grindstone City, Michigan. No wife or dogs in the car with me and a three hour drive, what is a man to do? I had it paired with my Bigby Best Coffee which is a medium roast. Tonight, I have it paired with a red wine named CIGARZIN. Read the posting on WinePostings2.

This cigar is Worthy of consideration.

1 comment:

  1. Just recieved a box. I can't tell what the cigar tastes like since out of four tries, I can't get the wrapper to burn. I stays lit down the middle and eventually goes out because the wrapper shuts off the air. More trouble than it's worth to send them back. I will give them away to people who don't know what they are smoking anyway.

    ReplyDelete