Like It

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Black Peppercorn


Most of us are familiar with black pepper. We use ground black pepper in our homes and when we are out to eat. We may even have a pepper grinder to grind the peppercorns. I personally use the grinder. With the grinder I can adjust the coarseness of the grind. I like the chunky coarse grind on my salads. Then, I like a fine grind on my eggs, when they are over easy. Scrambled eggs I prefer a medium-fine grind. Black pepper will have a citrusy overtone and a hardwood note. I think the coarse grind helps to deliver that stronger citrus bite. Think of the times you have bitten into a small chunk of a peppercorn and you get that strong black pepper taste. Then, think of the times you use a fine ground black pepper and there is a slight floral note along with the other qualities. That pungent smell of black pepper is just wonderful.

Tomorrow White Peppercorn Posting

No comments:

Post a Comment