Like It

Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Matching Set-up 2013


March Matching Set-up 2013

March Matching is where I setup cigars into a college basketball bracket system and match all of the cigars with a beer.  I smoke the two cigars at a time while enjoying the malted beverage.  The cigar that pairs the best with the ale is the winner and moves on in the bracket system till there is an overall winner. 

In 2010 I paired some cigars up with Petrus Gouden TripleAle.
In 2011 I paired some hearty sticks with Short’s Cup a JoeStout.
2012 I didn’t do a March Matching

Here is the plan for this year.


I have five sticks from my humidor that I’ll do this years March Matching. 

I am going to have a play in game and pair the Pinar del Rio Habano with the Pinar del Rio Oscuro.  This will give the final four grouping.

The winner of the play in game will be paired with the Rocky Patel The Edge Toro.

The other game will be Kinky Friedman Kinkycristo Belicoso versus the Padilla Limitado 2006

The beer that I have selected for the 2013 March Matching is … Witch’s Hat Sir Edward’s Double Brown Ale.  See the Play In Game for the review on this Double Brown Ale. 


Click here to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment