Like It

Saturday, June 26, 2010

1932 Padilla Salomon Cigar and Copeland Creek Meritage 2002

The Padilla 1932
Wrapper: Oscuro
Size: 7.2x59
My Strength Rating: 7.5/8
See posting: February 13, 2010
A very good fuller bodied cigar. This cigar has some fuller spice and roasty notes that will fill your palate. There is a good black pepper like quality to the taste. I also, notice a chocolate and coffee style behind the spicy profile. This should be a good pairing with this wine. I like the bold spice of the cigar being matched with the delicate softer spice of this wine. The chocolate and coffee should mix well with the big cherry notes of the wine. I am ready to sit down and pair these two up.

The Wine
See the posting from yesterday for wine notes.

The Pairing
The wine is just as tasty as it was last night. But, what a big disappointment, this cigar tastes like what the 1666 should have tasted like – boring. Are my cigar taste buds off or what? This cigar taste like a dry and uneventful turd. I have had several of these this year and they were all good. My cigar world is not making sense right now. The cigar bundle of 1666’s seemed like a bad lot and last night one of them smoked liked how they are suppose to taste – very good. I was planning to do this review – the 1932 cigar with this wine and this cigar pulls up lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment