Like It

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Cigar and Beer Review: Padilla Miami and Wells Bombardier

The Cigar

Padilla Miami Robusto
Wrapper: Corojo from Nicaragua
Filler: Criollo and Corojo from Nicaragua
Size: 5 x 50
My Strength Rating: 5

I have only smoked a couple of these lately and I have enjoyed them. I enjoy the rich medium roast coffee notes and toasty tobacco flavors. There seems to be a sweet little woody and earthiness that make for a pleasing tasting profile. The smoke leaves a tingling spice on the palate. Each time I have smoked the Miami Robusto the one word descriptor that stands out to me is rich. It has a rich flavor that I personally enjoy.

The Ale - Wells Bombardier English Ale

After your nose passes the slight peppery and malty aroma your palate is greeted to an English Ale treat. The taste has a nice herbal hoppy bite with a rich malty characteristic. I get a cedar woody taste along with red apple freshness. This is a nice English Ale that is firm and crisp. The mouthfeel has a dry and nice bitter bite like an English ale. It is still refreshing due to the good watery edges and slight carbonation that helps to cleanse the palate. My strength rating is a 4.5 for this ale. This ale is perfect for smoking a cigar with.

The Pairing

These two are meant for each other. Both have a rich flavor profile that maximizes my experience. This is one of those matching that seems perfect. I have to do this pairing again.

I think the cedar notes of the ale mix well with the sweet woody and earthy notes of the cigar. The medium roast coffee notes just bring out the best of the rich malt flavors of the ale.

A must pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment