Like It

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte & a Stout Beer

Black Forest Brew Haus Black Monday Stout
&
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Super Gordo Maduro



This is a super full flavored frenzy tasting today. After having a glass of this stout at Sullivan’s Black Forest in Frankenmuth Michigan last night, I knew I wanted to have more of it when I got home so, I bought a growler to head home with. Once I unpacked the car from a weeklong trip I dove into my humidor to find a cigar that would match the character of this stout. I debated between three different cigars and I ended up with the Super Gordo Maduro by Indian Tabac.

The Cigar
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Maduro
Filler: Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua
Size: 6 x 58
Strength rating: 7.5
I could be setting up a coffee overload here but let’s do it! The cigar has a rich full coffee and lots of dark chocolate profile. I like the toasty notes that remind me of dark Russian rye bread. Nice spice undertones make for a wonderfully complex medium-full bodied smoke. As I saw in my humidor it is time to get another box of these only a few left. This cigar should go extremely well with this Black Monday Stout.

The Stout
It is a 6.5% abv black beauty. This stout is not posted on their web site. http://www.blackforestbrewhaus.net/
My strength rating would be a 7.5 for this stout, a nice medium-full bodied stout.

The stout pours a beautiful black body with a nice looking, one finger, dark tan head. It has minimal lacing but the legs have a nice syrupy look running down the glass after each sip. If you like coffee, like I like coffee then, this stout is for you. They had three different stouts on the beer menu last night and the bartender asked me if I like a fuller bodied stout – and yes was the answer and that is how I got this stout.

The taste is coffee! This has a smooth, rich and creamy full-bodied roasted coffee flavor with an 80% dark chocolate bite. The carbonation is low and the mouthfeel gives you a nice thick roasted coffee bean syrup coating on the palate. It has a nice little sharp bite with a little sweetness around the edges.

The Pairing
This is a full flavored frenzy tasting today. I love the fuller side of medium and this is it. Together these two kick it up. I am enjoying a full flavored tasting here with these two. The coffee and chocolate profiles from each just fills the mouth with joy for the coffee and dark chocolate lover in me. I was a little concerned that the two would battle and the bitterness would take over and be a lose-lose situation here. But, that is not the case. This is a must pairing for any cigar and stout lover who enjoys a strong coffee taste.

I am two-thirds of the way through the cigar and this is full-flavored bliss. I just wish I was sitting in my leather chair. The Super Fuerte cigar holds a firm salt and pepper colored ash and has a perfect burn. There is ample smoke from the cigar and the flavors are still bold. The creamy and smooth styles from these two just work so well together to make this a great matching.

If you are looking to maximize your full-flavored experience this is the pairing for you.

See pairing with CAO Brazilia

No comments:

Post a Comment