Like It

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bahia Maduro Gordo: Review

This posting is in preparation of The March Matching (March 6 – 12)
March Matching is where I pair six different cigars against one BEER!  Which one will be the best pairing.

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
Binder: 3 year old Nicaraguan Habano
Fillers: Nicaraguan blend
Size: 5 x 56

The first thing I notice on the first few puffs is the amount of smoke this baby puts out.  Clouds of gray smoke just fill the air.  There is a nice sweet tobacco and earthy note that I pick up off the light. 

On the first half of this smoke I think my strength rating is going to be a 5.  While the smoke that fills the air is heavy it is on the mild side of medium for body weight on the tongue.  The flavor brings the overall rating up a bit with some nice rich soil earthiness, a touch of sweet tobacco, and a nice touch of a medium roasted coffee note.  I do not notice any peppery or other spices during the first half.

The Second Half: it is pretty much like the first half.  The coffee flavor notes seem to pick up a bit.  Instead of calling it a medium roast I’ll call it dark roast at this point.  The smoking experience is still smooth overall. 

To The Point: This is a good earthy smoke with a nice medium roast coffee profile.  3:1 odds

No comments:

Post a Comment