Like It

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Boo Louie Torpedo: Review


Smoky’s House Cigar
$7.49 Smoky’s of Northville
Looks like a 6/6.5 x 54

Off the Light: light roast coffee, soil earthy tone here at the start.  As the smoke continues a slight cedary note develops.  I’ll put this in my 4 category – mild-medium.  Tasty so far.

Mid-Point: a cedary twang becomes front and center on the flavor profile.  A bitter note strengthens with that cedary twang.  The light coffee and soil notes are still present but, are dominated by the strong cedar.  Wow, let me give this an 8.  I don’t when or if I have had a cigar that moved from a 4 to an 8 or moved 4 points on my strength scale before.  The bitterness can be overpowering. 

I’ll say this right now – Do not – I mean DO NOT pair this with an IPA Beer.  With that said; I’ll just have to do it for research purposes. 


Down the Stretch: put your big boy pants on for this smoke.  Let’s note that I am smoking this without a beverage in hand.  I’ll have to say that there was a point I thought this baby hit a 9 on my strength scale.  The cedar is strong and carries a big bitter bite. 

Coming down the stretch, about an inch into the final third, the cigar starts to mellow a bit on that strong cedar note.  As my taste buds regroup the coffee taste starts to reemerge and a dry soil comes into play.  I’ll guess the strength rating to be a 6 at this point.  What a roller coaster ride this stick is – starts off mild-medium at best and turns into a full bodied Hulk a Mania through the mid-section and then starts to coast towards the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment