Like It

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Carlos Torano - Casa Torano Toro Cigar

Wrapper: Ecuador-Connecticut
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua, and A family blend of Central and South American tobaccos.
Size: 6 x 50
My Strength Rating: 1.5

On the sampler box it is described as 'light bodied and flavor.' This sure is light bodied. It is very mild. Not only is it very mild it is light in flavor. Almost void of flavor. No woody, nutty or earthy notes for me to describe. With each puff I tried to detect something and I will have to settle with describing it as a very mild classic tobacco taste.

This would be an excellent cigar for the newbie to cigar smoking. It is also an excellent choice to have with a wide range of beverages. There are no particular flavors from the cigar to interfere with the beverage of your choice. I’ll bet this would be an excellent choice with an IPA beer, strong spirits, and even a bold wine. It would also go well with lighter bodied beverages as well.

I remember when this cigar came out and made it to the store shelf. I did try a few but; due to its mild nature I discounted the cigar. I am glad I am trying this cigar again. I think I may keep a few on hand to match up with some quality beverages.

For a very mild cigar this is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment