Like It

Friday, January 29, 2010

Piraat - Preparing for the Safari

Piraat Ale – Prepping for the Safari

Last night when I was thinking about the Piraat tasting and what I was going to pair it with, I was looking at the characteristics of this ale: tropical fruit, sweet malty notes, nice grassy-hoppy bitterness, spice and a nice little pucker feel to the palate as it warms up. Yes, that was ‘p’ for pucker.

The purpose of this blog is to find the best pairings to maximize your pleasure. So, I was looking at my inventory, tons of maduros, corojos, some naturals, okay a bunch of stuff to choose from. What am I going to do? The point system can work but, the flavor profile is very important here I think.

The notes of tropical fruit then stood out to me and I thought some nut flavors would work with this so, a Cameroon wrapper would help here. So, I selected three different Cameroon cigars to pair up.

The Cameroon wrappers would probably take me to the milder side on my point system from this ale. So, I also want some cigars that would match up point wise and maybe to the fuller side of this ale, would be great to try. I lined up some maduros to pair up that you will see me review in the coming days, as well as, some other medium-full and full bodied beauties.
Let the hunt begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment