Like It

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Leon Jimenes 300 Series with the Piraat Ale: Review

The Safari Bags Another Keeper - Leon Jimenes 300



Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan
Size: Churchill 7 x 50

I have great expectations for this matching. The medium bodied mouthfeel of this cigar should pair up well. Along with the nice toasty, woody notes and its creamy robust but smooth style should work with the ales tropical and spicy nature. I rate the Leon Churchill a 5 on my strength scale and the Piraat with its 7 rating should work on the points system. The reason I selected this Cameroon was for the pecan taste I seem to notice while smoking and I thought pecan and tropical fruit should be a shoe in.

The two products together are very nice. The nice robust style of the cigar I think brings out some of the carbonation of the ale. I have always thought of pecan nutty, woody notes from this cigar and I think that is going to go well with the tropical fruitiness of the Piraat.

Interesting enough the tropical fruitiness is moved to the back of this tasting and the hoppy, grassy, and spice notes are working nicely with this cigar. I really like these two together. A little different experience than the Hemingway cigar that I tried before. The Hemingway let me experience all the characteristics of the Piraat. Probably because, the Hemingway is not as robust in style.

If you are in the mood for a little more robust experience that is pleasurable - this is the one. If you are looking for a little more elegance to go with your Piraat Ale then the Hemingway is the way to go. Make your choice according to your mood. You can’t go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment