Like It

Saturday, February 26, 2011

La Estrella Cubana Gordo: Review


This posting is in preparation of The March Matching (March 6 – 12)
March Matching is where I pair six different cigars against one BEER!  Which one will be the best pairing.

Wrapper: triple-fermented Costa Rican Maduro
Fillers: Dominican and Nicaraguan
Size: 5 x 56

Dark roasted coffee notes right off the light.  Many have described this cigar with an espresso like quality and I have to agree.  Overall this Gordo has a soil earthy profile, dark roasted coffee notes, burnt toast, and deep roasted tobacco flavors for a medium bodied robust smoking experience.  With these roasted flavor notes I am going to give this cigar a 6.5 on my strength scale.  I believe the texture has a wool like feel.  I have seen the flavors and the mouthfeel described as, ‘buttery-smooth and creamy.’  Must have been a politician writing the tasting notes there. 
5:1 odds

The last two cigars will be posted next Saturday in preparation of March Matching.

No comments:

Post a Comment