Like It

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oliveros LTD Gordo: Review

This posting is in preparation of The March Matching (March 6 – 12)
March Matching is where I pair six different cigars against one BEER!  Which one will be the best pairing.

Wrapper: Brazilian
Binder: Corojo
Fillers: Nicaraguan, Peruvian, and Dominican
Size: 5 x 56

Smooth earthy notes abound off the light.  Then it became a little uninteresting.  There was a mineral like quality to the taste and a dusty earthiness.  This cigar was billed as a full-bodied cigar with bold spiciness.  I am halfway through the stick and I have not found any spiciness to enjoy.  The body weight is medium at best. 

There is a strange flavor note that keeps appearing on the palate that I just can’t figure out.  I noticed it on about three or four different puffs on the cigar. 

The wrapper exploded on me after it was lit.


The wrapper is peeling back right along the seam of the binder. 


Overall, I found this cigar to be uninteresting. 
15:1 odds

March Matching Maduros This Coming Week
The Beer will be announced tomorrow with the brackets

No comments:

Post a Comment