Like It

Friday, November 26, 2010

Butera Maduro Cigar & Woodbridge Moscato 2008 White Wine

This is a posting that I wrote back in summer.  It got lost in the shuffle.  So, on this cold November day let's remember summer for a moment.

The Cigar
Butera

I have not had a Butera Maduro in a long time. It is an excellent mild-medium maduro from what I remember. The natural Butera wrapped cigars are usually creamy and cedary in their taste profile. The maduro in that plus a pleasant toasty bread and a maduro sweetness. Let’s see!

This is a very good maduro cigar on this very hot and steamy day. This cigar is what I remember, it is an elegant maduro smoke indeed. It might not be the perfect match for this white wine but let’s see.

I did not plan this cigar with this wine. I was in my ‘old’ favorite beer store and he carries cigars as well and I saw this Butera on the shelf and could not resist. When you have it in your head, that you have to have it, you have to have it. So, let’s do it.

The Wine
Moscato 2008
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi
California

The appearance is light straw in color with a fresh fruity nose. The fresh summertime fruity nose transfers over to the taste along with a wonderful kiss of summer sweetness. This is a perfect white wine to enjoy on a summer day. Today is 91 degrees with humidity over 90% (feels like it could rain at any time). With a day like this I thought this wine would be a pleasure. I picked this wine up at a fundraiser for Waggin Tails Dog Rescue.

I hope the picture shows the sweat on the wine glass. I poured the glass and went outside to take the picture and the cold wine mixed with this heat and humidity had this glass sweating in a matter of seconds. This wine was excellent on this extremely hot day.

The Pairing
This actually worked well on this very hot day. This was the right maduro to play with this white wine. The chilled fresh fruity notes of the wine mingled well with the toasty and sweet maduro profile of the cigar. I believe it is the elegance of this cigar that pulled this off with this white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment