Like It

Saturday, February 19, 2011

5 Vegas A Gordo: Review


This posting is in preparation of The March Matching (March 6 – 12)
March Matching is where I pair six different cigars against one BEER!  Which one will be the best pairing.
Wrapper: Costa Rica Maduro
Fillers: Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan
Size: 5 x 56

Off the light: I like the medium-dark roasted coffee notes on the first few puffs.  Then I start to get a feel for a dry cocoa powder taste on the palate. 

As I approach the mid-point of the cigar the flavors are still medium-dark roasted coffee and cocoa powder with a nice toasted pumpernickel bread note and a white peppercorn spice added to the mix along with a good soil earthiness.  The mouthfeel is robust in style and the texture is a bit wool like, so I would not call it smooth, because it has a little bite to it.  The roasted flavors linger on the palate for a meaty aftertaste. The cigar finishes with a solid robust style.  Good earthy notes, white pepper spice, and dark roasted coffee notes.  I’ll have to give it a 6 on my strength scale.  4:1 odds

No comments:

Post a Comment