Like It

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cuba Libre Campana Pyramid: Review


Wrapper: Corojo
Filler: Jalapa Valley
Size: 5 x 58 Pyramid
Freebie with purchase
Cost is around $2.50 per cigar

Off the Light: the first few puffs had a nice earthy start and then a strange chemical note came along.  The chemical note is a cross between a cleaner and a glad bag and this is making me sad.  I had a very nice wine to pair with this stick.

Now that I am past the first inch that strange taste is gone but, I can’t get it out of my mind or my taste buds.  It had lasted for about four or five puffs of the cigar.

Okay, some earthy notes are starting to come into focus with some toasted grains. 

Mid-Point: mineral earthiness (this is good), dry roasted nuts, slightly burnt hardwood notes.  The texture is a bit scratchy. 

As the cigar passes the mid-point it starts to mellow a bit. 

Down the Stretch: toasty and roasted notes of earth and wood. 

My Strength Rating: 6 – a rough smoke. I can’t believe I finished it. 

To the Point: This stick is nothing like other Cuba Libres that I have had.  They are an average to slightly above but, this one is way below average.  The grade of D for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment