Like It

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Casa Torano Maduro Toro

The Cigar


Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan
Size: 6 x 50
My Strength Rating: 6

I have had this cigar before but, it was so long ago that I do not remember much about it. Here is the description from the sampler box, “…medium bodied… full-flavor… undertones of dark molasses and brown sugar.”

Alright, they have been pretty good with their description of their cigars on this sampler pack but, they broke down on this one. Molasses and brown sugar?!? Really now. To me it is a burnt coffee and a 90% dark chocolate dry bitterness. There is also a scorched earth and burnt woody taste.

Now, I know why I don’t remember this one – I didn’t want to. I think the harshness that I am experiencing I would raise my strength rating up a little due to that fact. I would pass on this cigar and that is probably what I thought a few years ago as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment