Like It

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Graycliff Profesionale Series Robusto: Review


Blue Label
Wrapper: Indonesian
Binder: Indonesian
Fillers: Brazil, Nicaragua, and Honduras
Size: 5.2 x 50
$ around 16: I got it as a freebie with my purchase awhile back

Beverage: Bigbby Costa Rica Blend

Off the Light: Lightly buttered wheat bread toast, mild start.  As the smoke continued there was slight almond and peanut like quality. I’ll give it a 4 on my strength scale

Mid-Point: as the smoking experience entered into the mid-point the body started to build a little.  Toasted grains, light soil earthiness, and mild coffee.  Right when I was thinking about ‘no spice,’ then the next few puffs … spice.  Seemed like fennel.  Now, I can add cedar.  The cedar didn’t hit me till the middle of the cigar.  It started off with a sweet cedar and changed to a firm cedar.  The cigar is medium at best in the mid-section. I’ll give it a 5 on my strength scale.

The texture has been smooth through this point.  The aftertaste is like a dusting of a fine grind black pepper. 

Down the Stretch: the toasted grains and soil like earthy notes build slightly as the cigar enters the final third.  The firm cedar note is still present. 

As the final third continues the mouthfeel becomes more dry and leathery in texture.  The cedar note takes front seat on the finish.

My Strength Rating: 5 – mild start and builds to a 5.5 on the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment