Like It

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Montecristo Royal Delacroix and Big Sky IPA

The Ale

Big Sky IPA
Big Sky Brewing Co.
Missoula, Montana, USA
6.2% abv
65 IBU’s

I did a quick review of this beer back in July of 2010.  Let me update this IPA.

Appearance: amber body with a light tan or off-white one finger head that leaves tons of lacing on the glass.

Aroma: light sweet malts and grassy, citrus peel hops

Flavors: moderate grapefruit, orange peel, herbal spice, malty notes of sweet biscuit, lightly toasted caramel,

Mouthfeel: flannel like texture, makes me want to put on a flannel shirt and sit by the fire; lingering aftertaste of citrus meat and light spice.  Carbonation is moderate.

My Strength Rating: 6.5 – medium-full body

To the Point: a good IPA; if I graded beers I would give it a B or B+.  This should be a good session IPA.  I would buy more of this beer.   


The Cigar

Montecristo Royal Delacroix
This is about a 12 year old cigar.
Size: 7.25 x 52
Double Corona
 
I don’t know the wrapper and fillers.  I did not find any info on the net either. 

Flavors: classic tobacco taste; grassy and grainy notes; touch of cedar; moderate earthy tones; medium roast coffee.  The flavors are a little more robust on the final third. 

My Strength Rating: 3.5 – mild-medium bodied overall

No comments:

Post a Comment