Like It

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Worst of The Worst V: Gurkha Black Dragon Fury


Gurkha Black Dragon Fury

When I bought a 10 pack of these Black Dragons I was really looking forward to smoking them.  Boy, was I disappointed.  I have smoked two or three of them and all three tasted like plastic and burnt plastic at that. 

I reviewed this stick back on October 16, 2011.  I have saved these nasty tasting cigars just for this – The Worst of The Worst Series.  Maybe time has helped this cigar; maybe it is just as crappy as ever.  I also have to say, “this is the worst of the worst.” 

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
Binder: 2 – Nicaraguan Habano and Cameroon
Fillers: Nicaraguan and Peruvian

I am not looking forward to reviewing this cigar because from what I remember is that my taste buds were shot for the rest of the day – just from a few puffs of that nasty factory floor plastic burn. 

Well, it is time to light it up.  Nice wood, soil, and toasted leafs make for a solid earthy style.  Before I know it the burn is around that ¼ point where that plastic smell and taste starts to develop.  I have gotten to the ½ inch point and no plastic but, the damn wrapper just popped.  I just can’t win with this cigar.


As the burn approaches the mid-point the earthy style is just alright.  The plastic note never showed up on this stick but, it does have a strange flavor swirling around that I just can’t put my finger on.  The best that I can come up with, for that strange note, is that it tastes like a cheap cherry pipe tobacco. 

To the Point: this is just boring and just plain ol’ not tasty.  There are not many cigars that I’ll pitch out halfway through but, I think I am ready to pitch this one.   


No comments:

Post a Comment