Like It

Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Worst of the Worst I: Gurkha Micro Batch Liga VH-7




Felipe Gregorio Icon Groucho, Nica Libra Exclusivo, Gurkha Fury, Vega Talanga Blue Label Toro, Gurkha Micro Batch Liga VH-7: going left to right in pic

These five cigars just did not hit my palate so; I’ll have to call this ‘the worst of the worst.’  These cigars have been sitting around in the humidor for a couple of years just for this experience.  Maybe they have improved with time or they are still just crap. 

The good thing – some of these are no longer on the market or they are ready to disappear.  The Nica Libra and Gurkha Fury are still on the market. 

The Gurka Micro Batch Liga VH-7 is first up.

The Worst of the Worst Series I

This cigar must have been so uninteresting that I never did a review on the stick.  I just remember that I just did not like it and I gave a couple away and I left one behind to do this worst of the worst.  I believe this cigar is no longer on the market.      

Smoking Profile: off the light some nice earthy tones with a little toasted caramel.  After the first few puffs I am thinking … why did I not like this stick?  I think it was too young and it had ammonia like notes because it was not aged long enough before it hit the market. 

As the smoking experience continues there are some toasted grains, lightly sweet earthy soil like tones, a touch of pecan like nuttiness, and a hint of mild-medium coffee.  I have to admit that I am liking this cigar this time around – at least on the first couple of inches.  I sure wish I did a review back when I bought this cigar to have a comparison. 

The cigar seems to have a medium body mouthfeel.  The texture was rather smooth in its delivery.  The flavors remand rather consistent through the rest of the smoke.  I did smoke it to the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment