Like It

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Worst of the Worst IV: Nica Libre Exclusivo


Nica Libre Exclusivo
Size: 5.5 x 50
Wrapper: San Andres Maduro
Binder: Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan

I must have purchased a sampler pack at the end of 2010 for I started doing some reviews in February of 2011.  I reviewed four of the different sizes but never this stick – interesting.  Click here to read these reviews: Principe 4.5x46 (didn’t like); Torpedo 6x52 (didn’t like); Diplomatico 7x50 (not bad); Imperial 6x54 (liked). 

I believe I was thinking, ‘why do another boring stick’, none the less, I placed this last Exclusivo in the ‘bad cigar box.’  Now, it can live to its true potential in the ‘Worst of the Worst Series.’

I am pairing this stick with a cup of Biggby Costa Rica Coffee.  Hopefully the coffee complements this stick.

Off the Light and First Half: dry dusty soil.  As the smoke continues a cheap diner coffee note develops.  This cheap diner coffee is the kind where they don’t put enough coffee to water ratio.  It’s cheap coffee to start with and the cheap ass diner owner is trying to save a nickel by cutting back on the amount of coffee grounds that makes a pot.  The mouthfeel is very dry.  My strength rating … I’m going to give it a 4 – mild-medium. 

The Pairing: a very good cup of coffee with this cigar will really help the cheap coffee like quality of this stogie. 

Second Half: more of the same; boring dry mouthfeel and taste with its dry dusty soil that a dandelion couldn’t even grow in and then that cheap watered down diner coffee.  This is a true classic cheap Nicaraguan cigar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment