Like It

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cigar Derby Series

For the month of May I am going to pair up four different cigars with the Paulaner Salvator Double Bock Beer. 


Here is the Cigar line up:
La Gloria Serie R No. 5 Maduro – Size: 5 x 54 – Odds: 3-1
Signature Collection – Odds: 4-1
San Miguel – Size: 6 x 52 – Odds: 25-1


I add the links, to the above cigar pairings, as they are posted. 

I going with 25-1 odds for the San Miguel because of the cigars cedary spice, black pepper and wool like texture will be too much for this Bock Beer.

The two cigars with the maduro wrappers should be a quality match with this sweet Bock Beer.

The Signature Collection has a good woody profile and should be a nice fit.  I can’t see anything that would be a negative for this pairing.  I just can’t see it being a better pairing than a maduro cigar. 

This looks like a three horse race here.  If I was a betting man I would pick the Camacho Cigar to win; followed by the La Gloria and then the Signature Collection.  I like the San Miguel Cigar but, I don’t think this is the beverage to maximize the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment