Like It

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Higher Grounds Dark Roast Sumatran Coffee and Hemingway Best Seller Maduro


Dark Roast Sumatran Coffee
Gayo Mountain
Higher Grounds Trading Company
Traverse City, Michigan

Here is the description on the bag: ‘Distinctive earthy, wine-like flavors. Very rich, full-bodied & Chocolatey. Very low acidity.’

This description is pretty darn close.  They call it ‘wine-like’ – what I was picking up was a little floral/herbal with a hint of berry.  I like the nice soil earthy tone.  When the cup cools a little I do pick up a little dry cocoa powder likeness on the finish. 

A Fuente Hemingway Best Seller Maduro

I am going with a high end cigar here to pair with this tasty cup of coffee from Higher Grounds.  This Maduro has a nice mild earthy tone of dry yet rich soil with a mild-medium roast coffee likeness.  I’ll give it a 4 on my strength scale – just inside the medium-mild zone. 

The pairing: this is a terrific way to enjoy a morning cup of coffee while looking at the NCAA March Madness Bracket Standing – especially since I am on top in our cigar store group.



What does the winner of the March Madness Bracket get?


I wish


No comments:

Post a Comment