Like It

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beer and a CAO Brazilia Cigar

Tasting notes from earlier this week. Okay, it's Sunday - last week.

CAO Box Press

The Piraat Ale helped to bring out some of the nice fuller flavors of the Box Press during the pairing. But, the cigar did not really help to bring out anything special from the Ale. The spicy notes were at play here from both the ale and cigar. A nice pairing, it was good, but not great. It did not maximize my pleasure. I’ll have to try it with the Amazon, which I know I had those two together last summer.
CAO Amazon

The Amazon worked will with my Michigan Nut Brown Ale. I get all the great notes and complexity from my cigar. And, the Nut Brown is pretty straight forward. Michigan Brewing Company describes it as, “Rich nutty and toasted malt flavors.” And, I agree. This is a straight forward Nut Brown. Not a complex nut brown. It is not too sweet and the hops give it a little punch. I think this is a refreshing Nut Brown that coats your palate. And this ‘refreshing’ characteristic works great with a cigar, in that it refreshes the palate after you take a puff. I can sit by a campfire all night with these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment