Like It

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Casa Magna Corona and Margaritaville Coffee Latitude Attitude: Review


The Cigar

Casa Magna Corona

Nicaraguan Puro
Wrapper: Ligero Cuban seed Colorado
This Colorado wrapper gives this cigar a nice reddish brown color.
Fillers: Cuban seed Ligero and Visos tobaccos from different areas around Nicaragua 
Size: 6 x 46

Flavor Profile: From off the light to the finish this cigar has a solid medium-full style with flavors of dark roasted coffee to hearty earth and a nice touch of cedar.

It is said to pair with a Speyside Single Malt Scotch. 
This morning I am pairing it with a medium roast coffee by Margaritaville Coffee called: Latitude Attitude. 


The Coffee

Margaritaville Coffee Latitude Attitude
Medium Roast

Margaritaville Coffee has a wide range of roasts:
Pirates Gold: Dark Roast
(I don't have the name): Medium/Dark Roast
Latitude Attitude: Medium Roast   
Sunrise in Paradise: Light/Medium Roast
(I don't have the name): Light Roast
License to Chill: Decaf
I found these at Big Lots: $5.00 for a 12oz bag

I have had all of these and I personally think they are straight forward in their coffee flavor; meaning they do not have any special flavors to them.  I have to admit that I do like a simple coffee that is still tasty and that is what they are.  I can tell the difference between each of the roasts and the decaf is pretty good as well.  I always find it hard to find a decaf that tastes good.

I think this coffee lineup by Margaritaville Coffee is a must try for cigar smokers to try to help understand the difference between the different roast styles for describing flavor profile notes. 


The Pairing

This medium roast called Latitude Attitude is matching well with the Casa Magna Cigar that I am enjoying this morning.  The cigar has a full dark roast coffee profile and this medium roast coffee helps to make this pleasing on the palate. 

Coffee is a perfect pairing with most cigars for their flavor profiles match up so well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment