Like It

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Curivari Reserva Limitada 4000 and Justin Isosceles 2006: Review


The Wine

Justin Isosceles 2006
Justin Vineyards and Winery
15% abv
86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Merlot – (unfiltered).
6 months barrel aged before blending and then an additional 16 – 18 months oak barrel aging.

I last reviewed this wine on December 12, 2010.  Click Here to see review.  This is not going to be a full review.  I am planning to just sit back and enjoy this wine with a Curivari Reserva Limitada 4000.  Click Here to see the cigar review.

This wine still needs to be decanted. 
The Isosceles has a very deep purple body that is near black when the glass is full.  The aroma has a smoky earth style with blackberries at its core.  The blackberry and dark currant notes are full, earthy and on the tart side.  There is a toasted caramel note with a hint of roasted vanilla from the oak.  Damn, I like this wine.  This baby is six years old and still kicking.  Actually, this wine can age up to 2025.  I only have two bottles left and I am hoping to do the next one in 2016.  I’ll bet they (the two bottles) don’t make it through 2013.  I’ll try for 2016.


The Cigar and Pairing

Curivari Reserva Limitada 4000
Size: 6.25 x 54 Torpedo
Nicaragua Puro that sports a Colorado wrapper
Criollo and Corojo tobaccos

Back in March of this year I said in the review, “This cigar has a nice medium roast coffee, green and white peppercorn spice, toasted grains and a semi-dry mouthfeel.”

This cigar is pairing well with the Isosceles Wine.  The earthy dark berries of the wine are blending well with the medium roast coffee likeness of the cigar and its toasty grains.  Tonight, I am only picking up a dusty white peppercorn resemblance, on the cigar, during this pairing.  I was a little concerned about the mouthfeel for this pairing for the cigar has a semi-dryness and the wine is dry for sure.  But, there are no issues with the mouthfeel for me.  This is a very good medium-full bodied pairing. 

Okay, I am not going to think any more about this pairing and I am going to my leather chair here my cigar lounge and enjoy the next glass of wine with this tasty cigar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment