Like It

Saturday, December 17, 2011

CAO Italia Ciao: Review


Wrapper: Honduran Habano-seed
Fillers: Nicaragua, Peru and Italy
Size: 5 x 56

Some of the tobaccos are grown in the Benevento region of Italy.  When you think of Italy you think of fine wine – well now you can think of this fine cigar.  Thinking about it – this should go well with a fine Italian Wine. 

Now, this five pack of Italia’s is interesting in the fact that the wrapper is a brown color instead of the very dark brown/blackish like wrapper on the ones I have smoked in the past.  I wonder how this will affect the flavor profile.  I know with the La Gloria R Series Maduros that I do not like the stick that have a brownish look compared to the black color on the wrapper. 

I just smoked two of these Ciao’s back to back and this cigar wass pretty consistent from start to finish.  It has a rich sweet soil earthy style with a brown spice box quality and a mild coffee note.  I have to say that I like this stick but, it is not what I remember an Italia to taste like. 

I just looked at my last review of the Ciao and it sounds completely different than this one.  Maybe the color of the Habano wrapper does have a big impact on the flavor profile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment