Like It

Friday, May 28, 2010

Cigars with Two Ring Bands



I have been wanting to write this for a long time. I hate two ring band cigars. No not the cigar, the ring bands. I will eventually get mad at the cigar and you will see why.

What is the purpose of the second band except packaging? Don’t give me history here – it does not matter. In a day of going ‘green’ and simple is better and trimming costs – it is time to ditch the second band.

The only purpose that I see with the second band is to increase the chance that the label glue, to hold the bands together, will glue the tobacco leaf and the band together and then bust this wrapper wide open. Okay, I understand the myth of smoke the cigar down to the band and then the warmth of the cigar will loosen the glue from the tobacco wrapper. If this was true cigar bands would just fall right off. The reason the band came undone without breaking the wrapper – the glue was not on the tobacco leaf in the first place.
Here is a picture where both rings were glued to the cigar wrapper. Needless to say, the wrapper just unraveled and did not look pretty. Oh, by the way, I smoked it right down to the first ring. So, place that myth with global warming and second hand smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment