Like It

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Indian Tabac Maduro Tomahawk: Pairing

Bell’s Batch 9000 Ale – Continued – (see last posting)

The Cigar
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica
Size: 6 x 52
My Strength Rating: 6.5/7
I know I like this baby! I am selecting this cigar to go with this ale because of this profile – I like the rich tobacco notes of: spice, wood (oak), meaty nut quality (almost like a black walnut bite), and a good earthy quality. I also, like the 80% cocoa and French Roast coffee bitterness. This cigar has some good complexity going on.

The Pairing
This is what I was looking for in a pairing with this ale. This cigar has the complexity to match that of the ale. The bitter qualities of the cigar help to battle the sweet style of the ale. The ale picks up in a syrupy-creamy way and I like the depth that is presented. I notice a caramel-coffee blend going on during this pairing from the 9000 ale. The solid spice, oaky, meaty nuts of the cigar battle that sweetness of the ale so it is not overwhelming to me. This cigar makes me want to take another sip of this ale to see what flavors are next. I know I will be pairing this up again and I thought I might not try this 9000 ale again.

The mouthfeel is kicked up. The palate is coated with some wonderful full flavors that make this an enjoyable experience. This would be a great pairing after a hearty meal. I would recommend some water along the way to refresh the palate. I just wish I did this cigar from the get go when I opened the Bell’s Batch 9000 Ale. If you want to maximize your pleasure this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment