Like It

Saturday, July 20, 2013

La Perla Habana Black Pearl Rojo Robusto: Review

Wrapper: Habana Criollo
Fillers: Nicaraguan blend
Size: 5 x 52

Flavor/Mouthfeel Profile: nice nutty note that reminds me of a soft pecan, grain bread, damp earthy notes of moss and mushroom, black tea on the aftertaste, smooth and tasty. 

I was looking forward to smoking my second stick and I paired it with Hoppin’ Frog B.O.R.I.S. Barrel Aged Stout.  This was not a good pairing.  The stout was great but, the stout overpowered this cigar.  The nutty flavor was no were to be found.  Mild earthy notes – nope.  The cigar came across like a dry weak coffee from an above average diner. Visit the beer blog to see the full beer review.

I would pair this cigar with a Pinot Noir red wine or other milder type red; a white wine might be very good; how about a tasty Belgian double or triple.  

Read the other La Perla Habana reviews:
Black Pearl Cobre
Black Pearl Original


No comments:

Post a Comment