Like It

Friday, February 18, 2011

March Matching Maduro’s and A Beer TBA



I have selected these 6 cigars for this year’s March Matching.
The first five are 5” x 56 Gordo’s
Oliveros LTD Gordo
Bahia Maduro Gordo
And the add-in is the 464 Torpedo Maduro Cain Nub 4” x 64

I will be pairing up the cigars in three brackets and then smoking the two cigars at a time with the beer to be announced.  Then, the winner of each bracket, three cigars, will be going head to head to see which cigar is the best pairing with the beer.  I will be giving the odds for each cigar as to what I think will be the best pairing with the beer. 

I have not smoked any of these in this size and I have only smoked the Vegas, LEC, and the Cain in other sizes.  So, this should be an interesting March Matching.  Since, I have not smoked these before I am going to smoke each of these cigars one at a time, with Bell’s Winter White Ale, to get the flavor profile of each stick. 

I selected the Bell’s Winter White because it should not have too much to interfere with the actual flavor profile of each cigar.  Also, it is only a 5% abv so, I should be able to review two cigars a day with a beer or two and not get hammered along the way.  I almost grabbed a 10.5% triple. 

I have always enjoyed this Winter White because of its tasty wheat flavor, light lemon, hint of banana, and a soft touch of clove spice.  I like the aroma from the bottle neck.  Just take that bottle and inhale.  Banana, bubble gum, wheat, a hint of citrus – it is just tasty on the nose.

Tomorrow I’ll be posting two of the cigars with their flavor profile and odds to win the March Matching Beer Pairing.  On February 26 I’ll post another two cigars and then post the last two cigars on March 5.  The week of March 6 -12 will be March Matching Week.  This is when I’ll pair the two cigars in each bracket with the selected beer.  


Visit last year’s March Matching

No comments:

Post a Comment