Like It

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Cigar Review: REO Cigar and Coffee


REO a Rocky Patel Cigar

I have the REO Belicoso a 5.5 x 52 ring gage. I don’t know if you can find this puppy anymore. What a shame if that is true because, I really like this cigar. It has a wonderful dark Sumatra Costa Rican wrapper.

When first lighting the cigar you get some nice spicy, peppery notes on the palate. This stogie goes well with my Biggby Black & Tan coffee.

As the cigar approaches the halfway point it is not developing in intensity or losing any of its flavors. I’m thinking about a 5.5 strength rating for this cigar. A nice medium flavored smoke with a little kick. The mouthfeel is smooth and tasty.

I have always liked Costa Rican tobaccos since I came across one of those Don Nobody cigars back in the cigar craze of the 90’s. Don Tuto-?- rings a bell. It had a hand carved and hand painted tobacco leaf on the box top and I think it was made in Costa Rica. It was truly a ‘box of chocolates’ as Forest Gump would say. One cigar would be “wow, this is great, it has coffee and caramel notes.” Then the next cigar would just be ok. Sorry, for the flash back.

But, These R.P. REO’s are consistently nice. I have smoked plenty of them in the past and I have about 25 of them left in the humidor. I always look forward to enjoying one with a nice med-full bodied ale or a nice flavorful Meritage red wine. (sounds like heritage only with an M)

I’ll have to do a little searching to find out if they stopped making the REO. I’ll miss them if they have.

Enjoy Your Experience,Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment